The League may take action on governmental measures and policies in the public interest.
It shall not support or oppose any political party or candidates.
Who We Are
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political organization which encourages the informed and active participation of citizens in government and influences public policy through education and advocacy
- April 9 - Last day to register to vote in May 9th election
- April 13 - Day Unit Meeting
- April 14 - Evening Unit Meeting, North
- April 15 - Evening Unit Meeting, South
- April 16 - City of Austin Ethics Commission Candidate Forum
Here are a few of the Austin League's publications:
- Directory of Elected Officials [pdf]
- We Support [pdf]
- Why Join the League of Women Voters of the Austin Area? [pdf]
- LWVUS Study on the National Popular Vote Compact [pdf]
- Mental Health Facts and Issues [pdf]
- Public Education Facts and Issues, Part 1 [pdf]
- Public Education Facts and Issues, Part 2 [pdf]
Help Support Democracy Join the League!
The League of Women Voters of the Austin Area is a non-partisan, all volunteer organization that promotes civic participation and education in all aspects of our democracy. The League continues to provide information and education through membership. To join the Austin League, download and complete our membership form.
Remember: Even if you don't have the time for active participation, your membership alone will strengthen our voice. Join now. Email for membership information.
We need your support to continue all the educational activities of the League, including the VOTER newsletter, assorted publications, and a continued web presence.